|Arun Kabeli Power Ltd.|
|View Transaction History||Name and Symbol||Arun Kabeli Power Ltd.(AKPL)|
|Last Traded Price (Rs.)||292.00|
|Change (Rs.) and (%)||10(3.55)|
|Total Listed Shares||15,000,000.00|
|Paid Up Value (Rs.)||100|
|Total Paid Up Value (Rs.)||1,500,000,000.00|
|Closing Market Price (Rs.)||292.00|
|Market Capitalization (Rs.)||4,380,000,000.00|
After the completion of Piluwakhola Hydropower Project in 2001, Arun Valley Hydropower Development Company Limited started feasibility study of Ridi Hydropower project (2400 kW) in Gulmi district and established a company named Ridi Hydropower Development Company Limited to develop the project. After that Arun Valley Hydropower Development Company Limited started feasibility study of Kabeli B-1 project on Kabeli River. It is located in between Panchthar and Taplejung district of Mechi Zone in Eastern Development Region of Nepal. To develop this project, Arun Valley Hydropower Development Company Limited established one company named Arun Kabeli Power Limited on 7th January, 2011 as a subsidiary company.
The company has signed a connection agreement with Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), Grid Department on 29th May, 2012 for the power evacuation from this project and signed Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with NEA on 13th July, 2012. According to PPA, power purchase rate per kW is Rs.4.80 for wet months and Rs.8.40 for dry months. For this purpose, months from January to April are considered as dry months and rest as wet months. Electricity Generation License has been achieved on 12th July, 2013 from Ministry of Energy. Similarly, all permissions and licenses from related governing body were achieved during the fiscal year 2070/71 B.S. Required Commercial Operation Date (RCOD) of this project has been fixed for 22nd April, 2018. However, due to uncompletion of Transmission Line work by Nepal Government, the company has applied for revised RCOD.
After the completion of this project, the power generated from this project shall be evacuated from Mechi Koridor 132 kV transmission line from Damak to Amarpur in Panchthar district. The company has its policy of wider people participation in the equity capital and makes profit from the investment. In this model, small capital collection can help to build mega project. Now people are highly interested to invest in promoter equity capital in hydropower projects.
70% of paid of capital was paid from promotor shareholders and remaining 30% (i.e. Rs. 450 millions) has been issued to public Shareholders. Out of this 10% (i.e. Rs. 150 millions) was provisioned to public of project affected area and remaining Rs. 300 millions to General Public (including staffs of the company and mutual fund).
Issue for public of project affected area was opened from 03 Jestha 2073 to 17 Jestha 2073 and allotment was done on 24 Ashadh 2073. Similarly, issue for general public was opened from 09 Kartik 2073 to 12 Kartik 2073 and allotment was done on 05 Poush 2073.
The total 15 million shares (par value NPR 100 per share) of the company has been listed in Nepal Stock